Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Preparation

June 15, 2010
As I stand in the kitchen, the sound of bacon sizzling and smell of freshly ground coffee percolating have me excited for the moment when I sit down to breakfast.  My mouth is watering in anticipation.  I have a few more things to do before then.  The bacon is not quite done.  My eggs are not scrambled.  I haven't decided whether to have toast or make a breakfast burrito.  But preparations are underway.  And I am excited.
That's where we are with this adventure, too.  Just about everything is ready. There is a list of things to do.  Pack 72 Spanish Bibles. Wash the last few loads of laundry.  Vacuum the van.  Pack crazy amounts of peanut butter and breakfast bars (for missionaries who don't get much of either).
By the way, I went with the breakfast burrito, and it is awesome.
There is another kind of preparation, too.  Because this morning feels almost like a marathon morning.  On marathon mornings, I wake up with an anxious energy.  I am excited to run the race, and I have no idea what is going to happen over the 26.2 mile haul.  I have no idea what the ups and downs will be like.  I think about my training: the good runs, the great runs, the bad runs.  I wonder if I am really ready for this.
This morning feels a bit like that.  The energy is there.  The self-doubt is there- a little bit.  But that's okay, because I am not ready- but my God is.  This morning, I pray that God will continue to prepare my heart and mind for this adventure.  I pray that he prepares our entire family.  I pray that he prepares every individual involved in going to Peru for this project.  And I pray that he prepares those whom we will touch.
Please pray for us and Love Extreme in Peru.

Que Dios te bendiga,

Chad

No comments: